[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Why is the mplayer-1.0pre3-dumpvideo.diff patch not applied?

Balatoni Denes pnis at coder.hu
Tue Feb 17 00:07:24 CET 2004

Hi!

2004. február 16. 23.08-kor D Richard Felker III ezekkel a bolcs gondolatokkal
ajandekozott meg:
> > IMHO -of rawvideo does make a lot of sense if you do transcoding to mpeg2
> > with mencoder and want to use an external muxer because you can skip the
> > -dumpvideo step.
>
> I agree, but this has nothing to do with what we were talking about
> (which was dumping, not raw output).

I beg to differ. mencoder -nosound -ovc copy -of rawvideo (or dump) -o bla.m2v
blabla.mpeg would dump the video stream.
There already was a patch to add a dump output format to mencoder, but it was
rejected because of some cosmetics (I presume). If somebody was kind enough
to clean that up, imho it would be a usefull feature.

> Rich

bye
Denes