[MPlayer-dev-eng] Why is the mplayer-1.0pre3-dumpvideo.diff patch not applied?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Feb 9 21:10:37 CET 2004

Hi,

> On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
>
> > > originally the dumped streams are not standard and aren't pharsable by
> > > other applications. (mplex, tcmplex and others)
> > > this patch fixes this bug
> > this is not a bug
> do you think that mplex don't know what is the standard mpeg stream?
> mplex works with mpeg streams generated with several programs except
> mplayer. do you think that _all these programs_ are buggy?

if you dump audio of video from an _mpeg_ stream, it will be fine
and be recognised by tcmplex etc.

if you dump video packets from an _avi_ file, it's NOT an mpeg stream
and it's perfectly normal if tcmplex fails on it, even if it is
containing mpeg encoded packets. tcmplex will also fail on the avi
you dump from...

> > > will anything be broken with this patch?
> > yes
> i don't understand what will be broken?

any codec test application we've added the -dump otions for.

> with my patched mplayer everything works fine.

assuming that everything == your ugly script

why the hell does your script outputs in .avi if you then extract
the audio and video streams to use mplex on it to create mpeg?
why not -of mpeg then?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu