Fwd: Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] Correcting printf to mp_msg

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Feb 7 13:30:29 CET 2004

--------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu>
To: mplayer-dev-eng at mplayerhq.hu
Subject: Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] Correcting printf to mp_msg

Hi,

> What MSGL_ should FIXME_MESSAGE_LEVEL (or MSGL_FIXME?) be equivalent to?
> 5 (STATUS, verbose level 0), because that's the level at which they
> would be output if left unchanged? Or should there be a complete set of
> FIXME defines, one for each message level, for versatility?
>
> The latter feels like going overboard, but otherwise I can't specify
> different message levels without hiding from later review the fact that
> the level was chosen by someone who doesn't necessarily know what he's
> talking about.

I dont know this thread, but i'm against blind changing of printfs
to MSGT_CPLAYER,MSGL_FIXME or sth like this.

It's well defined what belongs to MSGT_CPLAYER, and what are the given
levels are. Just read mp_msg.h:

#define MSGL_FATAL 0  // will exit/abort
#define MSGL_ERR 1    // continues
#define MSGL_WARN 2   // only warning
#define MSGL_HINT 3   // short help message
#define MSGL_INFO 4   // -quiet
#define MSGL_STATUS 5 // v=0
#define MSGL_V 6      // v=1
#define MSGL_DBG2 7   // v=2