[MPlayer-dev-eng] Correcting printf to mp_msg

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat Feb 7 05:28:13 CET 2004

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 09:29:30PM -0500, The Wanderer wrote:
> >Just copy the libavcodec tree from ffmpeg cvs under the main mplayer
> >dir, and "cvs update" will automatically update it, keeping your
> >changes. Removing it and replacing it with a new copy from somewhere
> >else every time makes absolutely no sense.
>
> I don't remove it, I just copy over top. I wasn't aware that MPlayer CVS
> knew enough to include the libavcodec directory in what was updated,
> since it wasn't part of what was checked out; apparently I've been
> wasting time and bandwidth for some while now...
>
> (I also don't think this would have worked before libavcodec CVS was on
> the same server as MPlayer CVS, which was the case when I started
> updating both daily. The habit stuck.)

It always worked. Even on the old server. The "CVS" directory under
the libavcodec directory tells cvs where to go to update the files. So
if you copy the full libavcodec tree, including the "CVS" directories,
"cvs update" will automatically update both MPlayer and libavcodec.

> >You could even just add //FIXME to the end of the line and use normal
> > MSGL's, but that might not be as clear/noticable for people wanting
> >to fix the levels in the future. IMO a single MSGL_FIXME is fine
> >though.
>
> I'd arrived at that conclusion after writing, but it's good to have it
> confirmed. So, #define MSGL_FIXME 4 (INFO), or #define MSGL_FIXME 5
> (STATUS)?

Hmm, I'd have to look at it and think about how they're used right
now. I'm not really familiar with the message levels. But it would be
easy to change later anyway.

Rich