[MPlayer-dev-eng] -lavcopts=bit_exact patch

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Feb 7 04:00:14 CET 2004

Hi

On Saturday 07 February 2004 01:43, Steven M. Schultz wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Feb 2004, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > could u elaborate on that non-standard behaviour, putting userdata after
> > VOL is definitively ok according to my copy of the mpeg4 standard
>
> 	Sure - the fellow I asked to look at the .m4v file said this:
>
> "...that in my mail to xvid...  I quoted the spec - I didn't quote
> page.  You want them to look at the definition for VisualObjectSequence()
> on page 52, and VisualObject() on the same page.  These show that the only
> place for user data are between the VisualObjectSequence and the
> VisualObject(), and the VisualObject and the VideoObjectLayer().
this guy cant even use the search feature, tell him to look at page 56, look
for user_data (yes thats part of VOL)

> That same section (in this is 14496-2:2001), says that there should
> only be 1 VOL (or rather on page 57)."
from page 51
------
The Visual Object Sequence Header, the Visual Object Header and the Video
Object Layer Header may be repeated in a single visual bitstream. Repeating
these headers enables random access into the visual bitstream and recovery of
these headers when the original headers are corrupted by errors. This header
repetition is used only when visual_object_type in the Visual Object Header
indicates that visual object type is video. (i.e. visual_object_type== video
ID ) All of the data elements in the Visual Object Sequence Header, the
Visual Object Header and the Video Object Layer Header repeated in a visual
bitstream shall have the same value as in the original headers, except that
first_half_vbv_occupancy and latter_half_vbv_occupancy may be changed to
specify the VBV occupancy just before the removal of the first VOP following
the repeated Video Object Layer Header.
------

[...]
--
Michael
level[i]= get_vlc(); i+=get_vlc();		(violates patent EP0266049)