[MPlayer-dev-eng] -lavcopts=bit_exact patch

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Sat Feb 7 01:43:09 CET 2004

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> could u elaborate on that non-standard behaviour, putting userdata after VOL
> is definitively ok according to my copy of the mpeg4 standard

	Sure - the fellow I asked to look at the .m4v file said this:

"...that in my mail to xvid...  I quoted the spec - I didn't quote
page.  You want them to look at the definition for VisualObjectSequence()
on page 52, and VisualObject() on the same page.  These show that the only
place for user data are between the VisualObjectSequence and the
VisualObject(), and the VisualObject and the VideoObjectLayer().

That same section (in this is 14496-2:2001), says that there should
only be 1 VOL (or rather on page 57)."

	Seems that xvid also has some form of issue with the multiple headers
	being in places that some players do not expect.

> > 	I have attached a small patch which implments "-lavcopts=bit_exact".
> applied

	I found that by turning on the BITEXACT flag the user data header was
	left out.   Doesn't that imply that the user header/data is "not
	exact" (deviates from exact)?

	Thanks for adding in the bit_exact flag - I'll give the newly created
	file a try on a couple different players to see if they're happier now.

	Cheers,
	Steven Schultz