[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [Patch] Trying harder to detect MP3

Michael Behrisch behrisch at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Mon Feb 2 11:26:47 CET 2004

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 10:06:18AM +0100, Michael Behrisch wrote:
> > This should be done in the first loop. It may be needed to increase the
> > loop length (so it search more data).
>
> I tried to understand the first loop, but I could not.
> Why is n never incremented inside?

Sorry for answering to my own post, but is there really no one
out there who can explain this code to me?
Is this detection stuff inside demux_audio just a horrible piece
of code no one cares about?
Even at second sight it looks to me just as if I could create a lot
of ugly headers which would be considered valid by this
implementation (for instance fLaC after RIFF?)

Thanks for help,
Michael