[MPlayer-dev-eng] AV out of sync with "-ao alsa" in gmplayer, mplayer works ok

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Fri Dec 31 01:23:24 CET 2004

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:37:24 -0500
Lee Revell <rlrevell at joe-job.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-12-30 at 21:59 +0100, Attila Kinali wrote:
> > Yes, that should be, but bugs happen.
>
> Then how can you say with such confidence that this is PEBKAC?  Isn't it
> possible that an error in the GUI code could cause the AV to get out of
> sync?  As I mentioned earlier, gmplayer works fine with -ao oss.

Hmm... Let's see...
* It doesn't fit into my model of MPlayer bugs, check!
* There is no usable bugreport beside "it does not work", check!
* I cannot reproduce it, check!

Normaly, i'd just have thrown an RTFb at you and dumped the whole thread,
wouldn't it for your offer of helping with alsa.

To conclude this, either send us a full bugerport as it is stated in
bugreports.html (if you really are a developer, you should know what
we need) or send us a patch with a clear description what the problem
was and how you fixed it.

			Attila Kinali

PS: Just in case you don't know, it's also not a good idea
to tell people that they are doing a bad job when you want to
report a bug.
--
All christians are terrorists.