[MPlayer-dev-eng] Faster libaf

Alex Beregszaszi alex at fsn.hu
Wed Dec 29 12:16:45 CET 2004

Hi,

> I don't quite get it... How can the format change inbetween? I don't
> think it can without a reinit of the filter chain?
> Also most filters don't have huge if-then-else blocks in the play
> functions (they support only one format), can you give an example?

Mostly af_format

> > What do you think? I know it looks like crap (and it is) but still
> > better than the current situation.
>
> Allowing to change value of af->play during the REINIT control should
> be enough to get what you want unless I misunderstood you...

Here's an updated patch attached.

I decided to take this way of doing it because I didn't wanted to cause
more 10l bugs and recieve more cartloads of coke. But if you accept that
filters shouldn't change the parameters without REINIT than just ignore
the play_fixed stuff in my patch and just change the play in af_format
to what i proposed.

An explanation of the af_format changes:
play_swapendian is just a byteswapping one, which is the most common
case. Other common case is converting from float to s16. These are
implemented, however, s16 to float is still missing.

Alex Beregszaszi 			e-mail: alex at fsn.hu
Free Software Network			cell: +36 70 3144424