[MPlayer-dev-eng] What is odml good for??

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Tue Dec 28 23:53:31 CET 2004

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 15:31:42 +0100
Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

> I think you misunderstood what I meant: It seems the odml code in
> MPlayer seems to fail mostly (only?) on files created with mencoder so
> I suspect there is something broken there...

I believe the opposite is the case.  ODML files I've created with
mencoder seem to open fine with the avidemux (2.0.34), though they crash
mplayer. In addition, I've got one other ODML file here, created
apparently with VirtualDubMod (1.5.10.1) that crashes mplayer as well.

> What I seem to remember is that at least at some point odml support
> broke more than it fixed...

1.0pre5 had some real problems, but the main problem was cleared up.
The only problems that I'm aware of (other than mplayer crashing), are
when people want to use applications that don't support ODML (avisplit,
ogmmerge, etc) on large files created by mencoder.