[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: live.com vs gcc 2.95

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Fri Dec 24 18:06:06 CET 2004

On Fri, Dec 24, 2004 at 07:46:32AM -0800, Ross Finlayson wrote:

> You *must* compile the LIVE.COM libraries with the same version of the
> compiler that you use to built MPlayer.  If you do this (and follow the
> instructions in <http://www.live.com/mplayer/>), it will should build
> correctly.  (Don't forget to do a "make clean" everywhere beforehand, just
> in case...)

I used the same compiler for both, gcc 2.95.4, which is the default for my
system.  Some more details of what I did: I downloaded the latest LIVE.COM
version (20041223), compiled and moved the whole dir to /usr/local/lib/,
then I used a vanilla MPlayer tree, did a make distclean, configure, make.

I have no problems with gcc 3.3, but that version is so much slower to
compile :-/

Can anybody confirm this behavior?

Diego