[MPlayer-dev-eng] Time to release pre6!

Guillaume Poirier poirierg at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 00:26:23 CET 2004

Hi,

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 17:40:10 +0100, Guillaume Poirier
<poirierg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 17:25:30 +0100, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> > Guillaume Poirier writes:
> Ok, that's fair enough. I just wanted to sorta "share the experience"
> of testing the x86-64 port (just so that the other devs know that this
> port is not fully functionnal.

Let me take it back: After some more experiments, the only problem
that stands out is that the message "Cannot test OS support for SSE,
disabling to be safe" is still printed when I run MPlayer (even though
I compile it with the options "--disable-runtime-cpudetection
--enable-sse --enable-sse2 --enable-mmx --enable-mmx2 --enable-3dnow
--enable-3dnowex" that I thought were supposed to force the usage of
SIMD instructions, but it seems it just force the building of a
SIMD-aware binary).
I guess this narrows down the problem a bit more...
Other things I noticed is that the building process was failling in
many circumstances depending on the compiler used (gcc-3.3 fails
here), ld version and other extra options. So this port is not really
"mature" I'd say, but it has the great value to exist! ;-)
I'll try to see what I can fix...

Regards,
Guillaume