[MPlayer-dev-eng] mencoder: 1 input video -> multiple (cropped) outputs

Stephen Webb swebb at netlab.uky.edu
Wed Dec 8 00:56:27 CET 2004

I'm trying to modify mencoder so I can encode one incoming stream as
multiple output streams (each in different files).

The input is a sequence of JPEG images, each actually containing multiple
"logical" images (e.g. cube map, or left-right stereo).  I want to "crop"
out each region and feed it to a separate encoder, ending up with multiple
different output streams.

I know this is isn't anywhere near a "mainstream" type of feature, and I
don't have any interest in getting the changes into the mainline
code.  I'm just trying to get it to work -- can someone tell me the best
way to hack something like this?

Splitting up the image ahead of time isn't really an option.  Well, I
guess it is -- but I really don't want to do that.

Thanks

-Steve