[MPlayer-dev-eng] tremor vs libvorbis, include tremor in main/

Jindrich Makovicka makovick at kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz
Wed Dec 1 10:25:39 CET 2004

D Richard Felker III wrote:
> i'd actually like it if we could throw out the existing demux_ogg and
> port the old "g2" demux_ogg to mplayer g1. why? it doesn't require
> libogg crap but does all the demuxing on its own.

i don't know much about ogg internals, but anyway, here is a first patch
for internal tremor decoder.

changes in existing files (review purposes only):

http://kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz/~makovick/tremor-changes.diff

complete patch:

http://kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz/~makovick/tremor-complete.diff.bz2

Tremor sources are Release 1.0 with math code imported from Trunk, which
means it has original 1.0 API, while it can use the optional
low-accuracy decoding. The DCT lookup tables are also much smaller than
in the 1.0 version. There is a certain speedup (10-20%) over the
original libvorbis, but my libvorbis is a stock unoptimized Debian
package, so no surprise.

Regards,
--
Jindrich Makovicka