[MPlayer-dev-eng] Dynamic filters

Jason Tackaberry tack at sault.org
Mon Aug 30 17:11:11 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 13:19 +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > for a project I'm working on.  You can see the patch at
> > http://sault.org/mebox/downloads.php.  The scale/expand stuff is
> > terrible, but toggling pp during runtime is trivial and useful.
>
> Why don't you send your patches to this list and try to get them
> included?

At least for my bmovl2 work, I did submit it last year several times
after incorporating feedback received here.  It never got picked up, and
since then I've added a few hacks that I know would get turned away
until they were fixed.  I haven't had a chance (or motivation) to clean
it up and resubmit.  But since Freevo will be supporting bmovl2, I have
more of an incentive to smooth the edges and resubmit.

My other patches are really hackish.  Dynamic scale/expand is volatile
and requires scale to appear first in the filter chain or else mplayer
will crash.  I'm pretty sure I'm making mplayer do things it wasn't
meant for, and again I haven't been motivated to go through the
submit/revise/resubmit process here.

Certainly any of the patches at the URL above I would be happy to see
included in MPlayer.  Mostly I haven't submitted them here because they
aren't really in a state where I'm comfortable doing that.  bmovl2 is an
exception, since it's very well tested and provides substantial benefit
over the current bmovl.  I might get a chance to clean it up and resend
it here for review.

Cheers,
Jason.