[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Libfaa2 - Bug

Marcin 'Morgoth' Kurek morgoth6 at box43.pl
Mon Aug 30 10:41:56 CEST 2004

Hell[o] Diego,

On 27.08.04, you wrote:

> You are on PPC?

Yes. I use Pegasos board with G4 CPU now.

> I have a K6-III.  Does the updated libfaad work for
> you?

The same problem with old and new libfaa2, can't initialize audio.

> Does it work with a CVS snapshot from before the libfaad
> upgrade?  IIRC PPC is broken with the new libfaad.

In older MPlayer releases this also doesn't work, but not with 'can't
initialize ..' error code. It detects the audio format wrong and play only
terrible cracks and other funny sounds.

========
Opening audio decoder: [faad] AAC (MPEG2/4 Advanced Audio Coding)
FAAD: compressed input bitrate missing, assuming 128kbit/s!
AUDIO: 8000 Hz, 6 ch, 16 bit (0x20), ratio: 16000->96000 (128.0 kbit)
Selected audio codec: [faad] afm:faad (FAAD AAC (MPEG2/MPEG4 Audio) decoder)
========

This is from MPlayer pre4 ....

Regards
--