[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Small Altivec fix'es

Marcin 'Morgoth' Kurek morgoth6 at box43.pl
Thu Aug 26 17:17:47 CEST 2004

Hell[o] Luca,

On 26.08.04, you wrote:

> the altivec code should be isolated enough to let mplayer run on non
> altivec ppc w/out problem (there is a runtime check for that cap)

Yeah, but this is oposite situation. I have a AltiVec CPU (G4 7450) but I do
not want to use it because this low-reolution movies crash when it's
enabled.

Then taka a look at this patch, can you see now ? Even when I compile
MPlayer with --disable-altivec this file try to use
mpeg2_idct_altivec_init() function and in that situation it's not present at
all because there is no AltiVec code, this give unresolved symbol.

This is a reason of this added #ifdef HAVE_ALTIVEC check in that situation,
it will not try to use altivec if it's disabled, now it try to use that
fuction for all ARCH_PPC (G3, 604e, etc)

Maybe a check for runtime cpu detection is required here too, dunno.

Regards
--
 :: Morgoth/Dreamolers-CAPS && TBS ::

   ::: Homepage # http://dreamolers.meanmachine.ch :::