[MPlayer-dev-eng] libmpeg2 V0.40b plays jerky/jumpy

Shachar Raindel shacharr at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 12:46:08 CEST 2004

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:19:29 +0000, Sascha Sommer
<saschasommer at freenet.de> wrote:

> On Thursday 26 August 2004 10:08, Shachar Raindel wrote:
> > On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 19:07:03 +0200, Jindrich Makovicka
> >
> > <makovick at kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz> wrote:

> > > please test the current CVS, it should already play correctly.
> >
> > It crashes on some slightly corrupted MPEG 2 files, which played fine
> > with the old version. See the file
> > "broken_file_crashes_libmpeg2_040b_worked_fine_in_03.m2v" in the
> > incoming folder of MPlayer's FTP. I have uploaded a complete bug
> > report. Maybe I will have a look on this bug later, as it seems to be
> > some kind of double free or something similar. If it is so, it might
> > be an exploitable bug, which can be activated remotely (think about
> > streaming mpeg2....)
> >

> Please try attached patch (still downloading).

Will test it in few minutes.... I also done some diging into the code,
and here is a patch that works for me, and seems not to break anything
else in libmpeg2, when used by mplayer. It simply disable the internal
allocation/free of convert_id in libmpeg2. The proper fix might be to
change the call signature of draw_slice in vd_libmpeg2.c

   Cheers,
   Shachar