[MPlayer-dev-eng] libmpeg2 V0.40b plays jerky/jumpy

Shachar Raindel shacharr at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 12:08:17 CEST 2004

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 19:07:03 +0200, Jindrich Makovicka
<makovick at kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz> wrote:
> Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

> >>No, i leave that to iive, he knows libmpeg2 much better than i do.
> >>I just pull the threads from behind :)
> >

> > You meant, of course, "I just pull *strings* from behind". :P
> >
> > R.
> >

> please test the current CVS, it should already play correctly.
It crashes on some slightly corrupted MPEG 2 files, which played fine
with the old version. See the file
"broken_file_crashes_libmpeg2_040b_worked_fine_in_03.m2v" in the
incoming folder of MPlayer's FTP. I have uploaded a complete bug
report. Maybe I will have a look on this bug later, as it seems to be
some kind of double free or something similar. If it is so, it might
be an exploitable bug, which can be activated remotely (think about
streaming mpeg2....)

    Cheers,
    Shachar