[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Small Altivec fix'es

Marcin 'Morgoth' Kurek morgoth6 at box43.pl
Thu Aug 26 11:17:24 CEST 2004

Hell[o] Romain,

On 26.08.04, you wrote:

> If you mean color tearing in linux/ppc X11, then try compiling with
> gcc-3.4 as gcc-3.3 is known to produce bad code on linux/ppc.
> Debian's gcc-3.4 compiled a working mplayer in linux/ppc for me
> a few weeks ago.

I know about this 3.4 issue (Anyway Debian Linux still require a patch to
compile with AV)

> If that's something else, please descrive the problem and platform
> in more details.

I mean a crash here. Mplayer throws a error informing me that he crash due
CPU/RAM usage a second after open play window. I wonder is that Linux
specific.

Please try a low resoultion mpeg file for test, it it no crash on your
system I will try to make a more detailed bug report.

Regards
--
 :: Morgoth/Dreamolers-CAPS && TBS ::

   ::: Homepage # http://dreamolers.meanmachine.ch :::