[MPlayer-dev-eng] libmpeg2 V0.40b plays jerky/jumpy

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Wed Aug 25 18:03:10 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 25 August 2004 14:06, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Wednesday 25 August 2004 05:21, Jan Knutar wrote:
> > > -vf spp still doesn't work..
> >
> > I've found situations where it doesn't work with ffmpeg either, so there's
> > probably a bug in spp itself.
>
> send bugreport ...

I have here an mpeg1 video, with sequence of 2 b frames.
I can trigger the bug with any mpeg with b frames...

mplayer -vfm ffmpeg -vf spp=0 -vo xv clip.mpeg
--> Looks like B frames aren't shown

mplayer -vfm ffmpeg -vf spp=0 -vo xmga clip.mpeg
--> The screen flashes between grey and the clip itself.
Pausing always pauses at the grey, never on the actual
picture.

mplayer -vfm ffmpeg -vf spp=0 -dr -vo xv clip.mpeg
-> Looks OK

mplayer -vfm ffmpeg -vf spp=0 -dr -vo xmga clip.mpeg
-> Looks OK

Tested with current CVS. Was reproducible on any mpeg with
B frames, so I hope it wont be necessary to upload sample...