[MPlayer-dev-eng] More -fPIC fun

Arwed von Merkatz v.merkatz at gmx.net
Tue Aug 24 14:47:20 CEST 2004

On Sun, Aug 22, 2004 at 09:00:36AM +0900, Attila Kinali wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 02:53:17PM +0300, Jan Knutar wrote:
>
> > Gentoo has probably the least-broken distribution package of MPlayer
> > these days, so no offence was meant towards you guys ;-)
>
> Apropos, which distributions do include a MPlayer package nowadays
> and how much do they change ?
>

> 		Attila Kinali

Source Mage does provide a source based MPlayer package. The only thing
I changed for the stable MPlayer was removing some header includes from
osdep/kerneltwosix.h that aren't needed with our kernel header setup.
The cvs MPlayer package is changed a little bit to use a shared
libavcodec install instead of also getting libavcodec from cvs. Other
than that there sometimes are some small patches to work with latest
versions of libraries like live.

--
Arwed v. Merkatz                              Source Mage GNU/Linux developer
                                                    http://www.sourcemage.org