[MPlayer-dev-eng] sigma designs chip @ sh-4

Ivan Kalvachev ivan at cacad.com
Mon Aug 23 00:19:56 CEST 2004

Kenny (Constantine Shulyupin) said:
> Hi friends!
>
> I work on porting mplayer to sh-4 (finished) and writing driver for Sigma
> Designs chip EM8605/6 for proprietary project.
> I am going to take part in mplayer development and improvement.
> Help and requests are welcome.
>
> Thanks,
> Kenny.

I didn't get that. Elaborate.

Anyway, don't forget that MPlayer is GPL project and
you should release all the changes if you want to
distribute it.
It would be the best these changes to get in the mainstream :)

What kind of driver are you going to write for SD EM8605/6 ?
Isn't that an MPEG-4 accelerated decoder?