[MPlayer-dev-eng] libdha rewrite

Dmitry Baryshkov mitya at school.ioffe.ru
Sun Aug 22 14:23:24 CEST 2004

Hello,
On Sun, Aug 22, 2004 at 12:18:32PM +0000, Sascha Sommer wrote:
> On Friday 20 August 2004 18:28, Dmitry Baryshkov wrote:
> > BTW: Could you please verify, that it works with Win platforms?
>
> Just tested it with the dhahelperwin driver, but it didn't work. The Problem
> is that this driver an only be opened in one instance because it overwrites
> some
> permission table in windows to get portio working from userspace ;)

OK. See below.

> In the old libdha disable_io was called before the mapping, but this won't
> work for some drivers, that do port io.
> Moreover cyberblade and sis drivers are using INPORT and other macros that are
> not defined on windows at all so they won't compile at all with your version.

Strange. There are {IN,OUT}PORT{8,16,32} defines in dha2.h.

> It would also be nice to have some private context and a possibility to have
> combined drivers that do portio and mmap. That would be helpfull for windows
> and svgalib helper and kernelhelpers for linux, too.

Those drivers are done in such way :)
I'll merge io_win32 with dha2_windha and post updates later.

BTW: What needs to be done on Win9x to allow direct portio? Can I
assume, that start_port_access could be as simple as
{
	if (IsWinNT())
	{
		fprintf(stderr, "Please install dhahelper.\n");
		return 1;
	}
	else
		return 0;
}

> Another not so nice thing is the duplication of the IsNT function.

OK. I'll move it to core.

> After all vidix on windows is just a big hack and I wonder if it shouldn't be
> disabled at all, because most cards have working and fast directx drivers.

Yes. But last time I used windows for video(two years or so ago),
there were some frequency limitations for working DirectX overlay
(nVidia Vanta). Dunno if this was problem of card, drivers or DirectX,
but I couldn't get working overlay with 85Hz vsync. I think there is no
such limit with VIDIX :)

--
With best wishes
Dmitry Baryshkov

P.S. Can VIDIX/dha be used at ARM32? non-linux ppc? VIDIX is disabled
on that platforms, libdha for that platforms looks strange.

P.P.S. Is MPlayer at all ported to LynxOS?