[MPlayer-dev-eng] audio quality

Glyco-Radio Network support at glycoradio.com
Fri Aug 20 04:01:01 CEST 2004

Hi Diego -

If I use MPlayer (rather than encoder), I've found the following works:

-dumpstream mms://mydomain.com/mystream -dumpfile test.blah

But I get a 8Khz recorded stream and have no idea what format its
actually dumping too.

I would like to increase the quality.
I would prefer it dump it to a WM9 pr MP3 format (with tailored
settings).
I would prefer it do it without launching an MS-DOS window

I *looked into* Vorbis as you suggested but have no idea where to start
or how to record a stream of audio via command line as simply as
-dumpstream with MPlayer.  This seems to be exactly what I'm looking
for, providing I can accomplish the above three tasks.

The manual at: http://tivo-mplayer.sourceforge.net/docs/mplayer-man.html
does not give much details (that I can make heads or tails of anyway).

Can anyone clarify what I would need to do to accomplish these tasks?

Thanks in advance!

Daniel