[MPlayer-dev-eng] question

Glyco-Radio Network support at glycoradio.com
Thu Aug 19 22:23:54 CEST 2004

Forgive me, first post here. Second time on a developer mailing list in
seven years.  Quick learner though.

I'm not a Linux buff.  The manual for MPlayer is not very descript.

I need to create an app that will use the command line features.

1. Want to record a stream to the hard drive in the background.
2. Want to control the quality of the stream.
3. Can't be a huge file, would prefer to encoded as WM9
4. Audio only.  No video.

I will be creating a scheduling application that will at, say, 6pm on
any given day, while user is away from computer, begin downloading a
remote live stream to one's hard drive.  (mms://)

I have been able to accomplish this but I'm having a problem doing it
silently (a flash projector will actually be the parent application) -
don't want to see a command window and I have been having a problem
changing the stream quality.

I wouldn't not turn to this forum if I had not blown an entire night
seeking clear online resources first so please don't' flame me with an
RTFM.

Thanks in advance.