[MPlayer-dev-eng] sucon - discount for mplayer devs

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Thu Aug 19 11:47:11 CEST 2004

Attila Kinali writes:

> Sascha asked me whether it's possible to get a discount for the
> SUCON'04 for MPlayer devels. I got word from big boss Thomas
> that it is possible if MPlayer makes a booth at the SUCON.

What kind of discount are we going to get exactly?

It would also be cool if you could organize some sort of low-cost
sleeping place.  I'm perfectly happy with rolling out my sleeping bag
somewhere, showers are a plus.  Since I'm quite low on money ATM going
to sucon (and I would very much like to) depends mainly on how much it
would cost.

> See http://www.suug.ch/sucon/04/exhibition.html for terms and
> conditions.

>From that webpage:

Terms for Non-Profit Exhibitors

What we Provide

    * Up to 4m2 exhibition space.
    * Entry on the ehibitors page on the conference website.
    * GBit internet connectivity via local network.
    * Limited amount of chattels free of charge.

What we Expect

No selling or advertizing of any commercial products. Mentioning of
the conference on your website/media.

Sure, why not make a booth?  It was fun to make one at Linuxtag.  I
can whip up a news entry in the blink of an eye.  It would be best,
though, if we can share staffing the booth between us, so some of us
can attend talks while others are at the booth.

So who will be at sucon for sure and who might show up?  Maybe we can
share some cars to drive there etc.

Diego