[MPlayer-dev-eng] Do these strings need translation?

Torinthiel torinthiel at megapolis.pl
Wed Aug 18 23:52:38 CEST 2004

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 04:06:57PM -0500, Joey Parrish wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 10:16:14PM +0300, Jan Knutar wrote:
> > > Yes, and in any case there's no point in translating.  Those messages
> > > are useless to the user, and most developers speak english.
> >
> > Indeed. If one starts translating those, we could also translate
> > function and variable names, right after translating comments,
> > of course... ;-)
>
> That could work!  We'll create meta-code!
> Shouldn't take too long... how big can MPlayer's source be?  :)

I've once seen a program for calculating n!=1*2*...n.
Everything was #defined. The actual code consisted of a series of
loooong #defined identifiers, with nothing the compiler would understand
without preprocessing. Only thing the preprocessor would leave intact
were strings and indentation. And no identifier was shorter than 10
characters (int was defined as integerNumberType, only in Polish). Is
that large enough ;)?
Friend called this 'Conversion of C into natural language'
Torinthiel

--
 Waclaw "Torinthiel" Schiller       GG#: 542916, 3073512
   torinthiel(at)megapolis(dot)pl