[MPlayer-dev-eng] FreeBSD patches review

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Aug 16 16:02:52 CEST 2004

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 11:28:40PM +0200, Reza Jelveh wrote:
> on the other hand if the current patch doesnt break any current(which is
> doesnt seem to). why not just commit?

Simple: code obfuscation

Every line of code that is not really necessary adds to the complexity
with which we have to deal with. So, the correct place to fix a bug is
where it originaly is, especialy as we are talking about an OSS program.
Even if the devels do not respond we can still make a patch for it and
publish it on our website (which would make quite some pressure on the
devels). If and only if there is no way to correct the bug itself, then
a workaround is allowed.

			Attila Kinali