[MPlayer-dev-eng] More -fPIC fun

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Mon Aug 16 13:53:17 CEST 2004

On Sunday 15 August 2004 17:01, Martin Schlemmer wrote:

> I just checked, and cannot see where Gentoo force -fPIC - they do
> remove -fPIC from the latest ebuild, although I cannot see why, as
> CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS are unset anyhow before ./configure && make ...

I was refering mostly to the stereotypical Gentoo smart-idiot type user,
that spends an afternoon hacking the scripts to make them accept his
insane CFLAGS, and then complain when the resulting binary is totally
broken ;-)

Gentoo has probably the least-broken distribution package of MPlayer
these days, so no offence was meant towards you guys ;-)