[MPlayer-dev-eng] Fw: bug? which leads to vo/encoder reinit during playback / transcode

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sat Aug 14 09:07:17 CEST 2004

Zoltan Hidvegi writes:
> > Well, some time ago only libmpeg2 was suggested for any inverse telecine
> > filters, since ffmpeg wasn't exporting some flags that help the
> > proccess. I wonder whether it changed now.
>
> The change to ffmpeg12 to set the field flags has been added several
> months ago.

So the following comment in the manual page about only libmpeg2
exporting the needed flags is outdated?  Shall I remove it then?

      softpulldown
              This filter works only correct with MEncoder and acts on
              the MPEG2 flags used for soft 3:2 pulldown (soft
              telecine).  If you want to use the ivtc or detc filter
              on movies that are partly soft telecined, inserting this
              filter before them should make them more reliable.
              Currently only libmpeg2 exports the needed flags.  If
              used on material that does not set them, the filter does
              nothing.

Diego