[MPlayer-dev-eng] Fw: bug? which leads to vo/encoder reinit during playback / transcode

Zoltan Hidvegi mplayer at hzoli.2y.net
Fri Aug 13 22:57:58 CEST 2004

> Well, some time ago only libmpeg2 was suggested for any inverse telecine
> filters, since ffmpeg wasn't exporting some flags that help the
> proccess. I wonder whether it changed now.

The change to ffmpeg12 to set the field flags has been added several
months ago.  In my experience ffmpeg12 is now much more reliable than
libmpeg2, especially over corrupted mpeg streams (happens in broadcast
a lot).  Actually, is there any reason why libmpeg2 is still the
default decoder for mpeg?

Zoli