[MPlayer-dev-eng] NVidia AV frame sync

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Thu Aug 12 01:53:40 CEST 2004

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 12:30:34AM +0100, Ed Wildgoose wrote:
> I have just been testing the method of using the nvidia device for
> syncing frame display in Mythtv.  This seems (at least for me) to give
> very accurate frame timing and a much smoother picture.

Can you explain this for those of us not familiar with "the nvidia
device"?  Do some nvidia cards have hardware that aids in keeping sync?
This seems strange, since A/V sync has a lot to do with your sound card,
too.  Especially in MPlayer, where (IIRC) sync is based on audio timing.

> Any thoughts on how best to hook it in

You'll have to explain what you're talking about.  You've not given any
technical information other than a manufacturer's name.

--Joey

--
"Living in the complex world of the future is somewhat
like having bees live in your head.  But, there they are."