[MPlayer-dev-eng] NUT format

Reza Jelveh reza.jelveh at tu-harburg.de
Sat Aug 7 18:38:56 CEST 2004

hi
On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 13:40:57 +0100
"J. Grant" <jg-lists at jguk.org> wrote:
> I was considering using the NUT format in my software, but first I had
> some dev questions:
thats nice :)

> I think if NUT is solely promoted and supported by mplayer the NUT
> format will not become ubiquitous.  However, an independent
> organisation (website etc), giving away reference implementations of NUT
> under BSD
> licences would foster wider support IMO.
i cant tell you about the previous question you asked and a seperate organization isnt really needed. however sample implementations of nut demuxers or muxer are indeed planned. currently the only functional implementation is in ffmpeg libavfile if im not mistaken. there might even be code contribution to other media projects for supporting nut demuxing. i cant tell you a date but it sure is planned(someone correct me if im wrong)

regards
reza jelveh