[MPlayer-dev-eng] Sound synchronization problem

Adam Tla/lka atlka at pg.gda.pl
Sat Aug 7 16:00:16 CEST 2004

On Sat, Aug 07, 2004 at 01:33:27AM +0200, Reza Jelveh wrote:
> hi
> On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 10:08:15 +0200
> Adam Tla/lka <atlka at pg.gda.pl> wrote:
>
> > 82801BA/BAM AC'97 Audio (rev 05) .
>
> afaik that card cant handle anything except 48khz. so without -srate 48000, -ao alsa wont give you the correct timing causing audio to be faster than video(or the other way round i dont remember).
> thats those new crappy onboard sound cards. sorry
> -ao alsa could maybe detect those limitations automatically and resample automatically (?)
Hmm, I am using ALSA through dmix and plug plugins so resampling is done by ALSA itself.
Next I wrote that using command aoss mplayer film.avi -ao oss with the
same ALSA config I got perfect A/V sync. In second case I use a library
wrapper which simulates OSS on top of ALSA. So ALSA is used in both
situactions - film is also the same. So in my opinion problem lays on
mplayer's side.

Regards
--
Adam Tla/lka      mailto:atlka at pg.gda.pl    ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
System  & Network Administration Group           ~~~~~~
PGP public key:   finger atlka at sunrise.pg.gda.pl