[MPlayer-dev-eng] Xvideo Extension

Amir Bukhari ufz6 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Aug 6 10:47:21 CEST 2004

OK this during display process, where it done? In Video Card or in Xvideo
Extension.

>Afaik there is no way to access this yuv data again from within X
> and no way in general to access the converted and scaled data.
> When used with colorkeying (it's the default afair) the video is only
> shown
> on the place where the screen has a certain color.

I have another Question. At the end it video should be drawn in a window,
which MPlayer created to display video. Is that right?

> I doubt it is easy to make Xvideo working with your desktop, cause it is a
> special technique to use hardware acceleration for video playback and all
> its advantages are gone when you blit to some backing store pixmap first.

Sorry but it is my Desktop, I have joint this project as a developer. I said
that so they (LG3D owner) don't think I have stolen their Idea :-)