[MPlayer-dev-eng] libavcodec options incompatibility

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Thu Aug 5 18:04:36 CEST 2004

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 05:14:29PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Tuesday 03 August 2004 19:06, Giacomo Comes wrote:
> > I have been playing with different libavcodec options with mencoder and
> > I have found the following problems.
> >
> > 1) qpel and ilme are mutually exclusive. With both mencoder doesn't work.
> known
>
> > 2) ( threads>=2 && cmp=3 ) || ( threads>=2 && subcmp=3 ) wont work.
> >    note: precmp=3 is ok.
> please elaboarte about "wont work"

This is the simplest command line:
mencoder -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:qpel:ilme dvd://1

mencoder start but after encoding 50 or more frames exits with:
Segmentation fault
The same happens with all other combination of options I'm used to give to
mencoder.
Running more tests, I have found source materials that don't
cause mencoder to segfault immediately. Sometimes you have to wait many
minutes before that happens. For the moment I have segfault only with DVD.
PAL and NTSC.  With non dvd video it seems to work.

second problem:
mencoder -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:threads=2:cmp=3 dvd://1
Again there is a segfault but now almost immediately. After the first or
second frame. It happens with any source I have tested: DVD VCDmpeg real.

If you need more details please ask and I will give you.

I'm running suse 9.0 with smp kernel
Giacomo