[MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG?] Tivo mpeg errors

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Mon Aug 2 02:03:19 CEST 2004

Hello,

I've got some strange issues with a tivo stream I just ripped.  Both
libmpeg2 and ffmpeg barf with error messages about motion vectors.  I'm
stuck at work and so I can't send a log or sample (yet) but I will send
both later tonight.  The messages (from ffmpeg) are things like "MPEG
motion vector out of boundary" and "00 motion_type at x y" and "Warning
MVs not available".

I don't know if anybody has seen this sort of thing before.  If you
have, please recommend me a fix.  Otherwise, I'll post a clip and a log
of mplayer's errors when I get home.

I've tried to poke through the source in libavcodec, but I know nothing
about mpeg.  It'd be nice if I didn't have to learn it all.  :)

Thanks,
--Joey

--
"Indeed do many things come to pass."