[MPlayer-dev-eng] Nut & framecode...

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Apr 29 08:38:58 CEST 2004

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 08:45:43PM +0200, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Nearly every frame gets a 1-byte header (just framecode) and the few
> > that go outside the predicted packet sizes still only need one
> > additional byte (due to storing 2 bits of size in framecode).
> What about teaching the muxer?

Teaching? Not sure what you mean...

> I mean we could make some common tables
> for different formats and also this could be added to the spec. Imho
> it's a good idea to teach others for using good tables aswell.

If you just mean leading it with good framecode tables, this could
easily be accomplished. Just have sample framecode tables (imo they
belong in a separate document from the spec) for lots of common tasks,
and surely users will use them. In fact it's a good promotional
gimmick to get people to use nut! People doing encoding always like
special custom parameters to improve quality at fixed size...it's the
same principle as custom KVCD matrices... :))

Rich