[MPlayer-dev-eng] bug database

Tue Apr 27 12:51:57 CEST 2004

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Moritz Bunkus wrote:

MB>why just a plain text file? It won't be used. It's not public
MB>(enough). It's error prone. It makes following the bug's life

There are no problems with keeping up-to date html version on
mplayerhq.hu.

MB>harder. Why not use a full-featured bug system? It doesn't have to be
MB>Bugzilla, there are others that work quite well and are smaller
MB>(e.g. Anthill).

Great, but then why wasn't it made a long ago, for storing bugreports
and todo list? And I can't host such system. I'm offering what I can do.
Since there is no bug system right now, a text file is better than
nothing. And information from it can be transferred into bug system
anytime.

MB>And the bug tracking doesn't have to be set up on mplayerhq.hu either,
MB>although it'd be the logical choice. But if Arpi and folks don't have
MB>the time to do so then another location would be fine as well.

Well, can you do it then? Talking about bug system is great, but if no
one is ready to host and maintain it, plain text file would be more
useful.

--

Vladimir