[MPlayer-dev-eng] bug database

Tue Apr 27 11:35:29 CEST 2004

Since I started to find mplayer bugs, I always missed a good buglist.
Bug reports aren't welcome in -dev list, but when someone post them
here, developers react more quickly. Also some bug reports are just
forgotten. And TODO list (very outdated, btw) isn't the thing that
everyone needs.

Of course, the right way is to start bugzilla service on mplayerhq...
But it looks like everyone here is trying to reject almost every modern
technology and reinvent everything again ;), besides it would be hard
just to start using it, so let's stick to regular text file with
description for now. I'm willing to maintain it.

If my idea will be welcomed, I'll start writing this file. It would be
something like that:

(bug description)
(link to bugreport in mplayer list archives, if available)
(status - unconfirmed, confirmed, confirmed but delayed, fixed but
untested, fixed)
every status change will be accompanied by the date

I'll start with the bugs I know. If developers would like it, then let's
talk about commiting it into cvs or whatever.

The format will be parseable and could be converted into xml or bugzilla
upon requests.

But. I need help from other developers to change status of the bugs,
since only them can decide whether to confirm it or delay. It would be
pretty useless it it would be the big list of "unconfirmed" bugs. Well,
better than nothing, but anyway...

--

Vladimir