[MPlayer-dev-eng] Nut & framecode...

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Apr 26 23:13:22 CEST 2004

On Sat, Apr 24, 2004 at 12:42:57AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Saturday 24 April 2004 00:18, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > > it should, but i didnt try
> >
> > I'm concerned about having to encode everything with vlc every time a
> > 128 or 576 sample packet occurs...

> > > in a 64kbit/sec test sample there where
> > >  7913 1024sample frames
> >
> > Good.
> >
> > >  6286  128sample frames
> >
> > Uhg. Nasty. How big are these? I assume they have to be well over the
> > average bitrate; otherwise they'd only be 22 bytes or so. And I hardly
> > see how you can code a frame that small...
> the 1024 sample frames seem to be 150-250 bytes approx
> 128 samples frames seem to be 30-50 byte approx

Then I have a much better framecode table for you... :)

171 codes with{
    keyframe=1
    stream_id=0
    pts= 00,01,10
    size_mul=230
    data_size_coded 0
    data_size_lsb= 170..226
}
66 codes with{
    keyframe=1
    stream_id=0
    pts= 00,01,10
    size_mul=52
    data_size_coded 0
    data_size_lsb= 30..51
}
16 codes with{
    keyframe=1
    stream_id=0
    pts= 00,01,10,11
    size_mul=4
    data_size_coded 1
    data_size_lsb= 0..3
}

:)))))))

Nearly every frame gets a 1-byte header (just framecode) and the few
that go outside the predicted packet sizes still only need one
additional byte (due to storing 2 bits of size in framecode).

Rich