[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RELEASE] Pre4: 24th/25th April

Marius Gedminas mgedmin at b4net.lt
Mon Apr 26 12:22:51 CEST 2004

On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 07:29:25PM +0400, Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:
> Also, there was patch "mplayer-stuck-buttons.patch".

It was only a detailed bug report with an initial stab at a fix, and I
regret sending that in a patch format.

> Please don't apply
> it, it is buggy - it solves original problem, but introduces problem
> with keyboard. Very easy to reproduce: just hold enter for a few seconds
> (I must admit, I have a bad habit of doing such things when I'm nervous)
> and then all the input - from keyboard or mouse - will be blocked for
> several seconds. Very annoying, imho..

I see.  I misunderstood the purpose of the pipe then.  It was not
designed to be a buffer for 1000+ input events, it was designed for 1
event at a time, in order to avoid this.

I see that dropping keyboard events makes perfect sense, but mouse
button release events should not be dropped.  Any ideas?

Marius Gedminas
--
In short, at least give the penguin a fair viewing. If you still don't
like it, that's ok: that's why I'm boss. I simply know better than you