[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: divx2svcd-0.5.1

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Mon Apr 26 10:46:34 CEST 2004

    Hi, Jan Knutar!

Sometime (on Monday, April 26 at 11:12) I've received something...
>Do you know how these duplicate ones are handled when using -of mpeg?
>Zero sized frames in mpeg as well or something fun and accidental like
>that?

    MPEG muxer write these as zero sized frames so it's not a problem. I
think it's a problem of your mpeg video stream. Your reports about PTS
earlier than SCR seems too suspicios, that is a problem and it _will_
produce A/V desync. Unfortunately, mencoder can't tell muxer what is the
max bitrate in stream so muxer tune it itself by estimation from current
bitrate. But when you have it very little from beginning and then it
improves too much then muxer cannot tune it fast and gets out of sync. :(
May be if you could upload a little sample then I could try to find what
to do with that.

>So, this problem would go away, if mencoder would when getting a 0 sized
>frame as input, feed the last proper frame again to libavcodec, or is
>it not as simple as this?

    If you do that you'll just get another intra-coded frame (i.e. the
keyframe). It may break sequence (IBBPBBP... for mpeg1/2) and give you
some weird results.

    With best wishes.
    Andriy.