[MPlayer-dev-eng] divx2svcd-0.5.1

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Mon Apr 26 10:12:13 CEST 2004

> The problem is that AVI files can have duplicate frames by storing a
> 0-byte frame in the AVI file.

Aha..

> These all get lost when you dump the
> video out, so A/V sync will be broken.

Do you know how these duplicate ones are handled when using -of mpeg?
Zero sized frames in mpeg as well or something fun and accidental like
that?

So, this problem would go away, if mencoder would when getting a 0 sized
frame as input, feed the last proper frame again to libavcodec, or is
it not as simple as this?

Now I see why I can't just framecopy from avi to mpeg. Urgh.