[MPlayer-dev-eng] divx2svcd-0.5.1

VMiklos mamajom at axelero.hu
Sun Apr 25 15:00:42 CEST 2004

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004, Jan Knutar wrote:

> Several, however no efficient means of sharing them :)

then, do not expect much help...

> mpeg's created with -of mpeg are mpeg-1 container with mpeg2video and
> mp2 audio inside, right?

imho simple mpeg container with 'mpeg2video' video and 'mp2' audio

> To be honest, I never tried running your script before. It looked scary.

scary? why? btw thanx... :-(

> I only read it for hints on how to make SVCD in a *nix enviroment :)

it's your decision, but then do not blame my script

> ++ WARN: mpeg stream will be padded on the fly -- hope that's ok for
> you!
> ++ WARN: autopadding requires to insert additional 4996980 zero bytes
> into MPEG stream (due to 18105 unaligned packets of 18106 total)
> ++ WARN: this VCD type should not contain MPEG1 streams
>    INFO: writing track 1 (ISO9660)...
>    INFO: writing track 2, MPEG1, PAL 2/3 D1 (480x576/25fps), audio[0]:
> l2/44.1kHz/128kbps/stereo ...

if you can fix this feel free to send a patch ;-)

> Considering that mencoder created mpeg's are still mostly in sync, when
> played with mplayer, but seem to loose sync when split into audio and
> videotrack and then remultiplexed, (...)

that's why i don't use tcmplex if i don't have to (splitting)

> that could repackage the mencoder mpeg into properly aligned mpeg2 ps.

do you know any better _standalone_ mplexer than tcmplex?

> Oh and please don't think I'm bashing your script, I'm generally
> frustrated about the seemingly endless chase of finding a way to create
> SVCD's on *nix :)

are you paied by ms?

> When encoding, I get a few "1 duplicate frame(s)!" at what looks like
> pretty much the same time into the clip as the strange behaviour with
> A-V and ct: was observed. With -of mpeg, after every duplicate frames
> messages, I get the following one as well "Unknown block type, possibly
> non-MPEG stream!".
> There are also at the beginning many messages like
> "Error in stream: PTS to SCR delay 7956 is too little"
> "Error in stream: PTS earlier than SCR!"
> "Error in stream: PTS to SCR delay 0 is too little!"
> "Warning: DTS to SCR delay is too small"

that's the problem of _your_ avi!

> Doing dumpvideo+audio then tcmplex on that mpeg stream produces mpeg
> stream which mplayer does not play with proper audio synch, which I
> pretty much expected.

xine will play ;-)

> Then I had crazy idea: Have mencoder stick the .avi version into -of
> mpeg:
> mencoder strange-av-fixed-in-avi.avi -oac copy -ovc copy -of mpeg -o \
> strange-av-possiblyfixed-mpeg-via-avi.mpeg
>
> Alas, mencoder segfaults:
> Segmentation fault (core dumped) Trem:   0min   9mb  A-V:0.040
> [2043:128]
>
> :(

feel free to send a proper bugreport

if you don't provide samples, i can't fix the script

feel free to send patches that fixes my script

greetings

- ---
       __________     VMiklos / FrugalWare & EL Team
  ____/__/___|___\__. E-mail: mamajom at axelero dot hu
O__O  _ |   |   _  |  Homepage: http://www.vmiklos.tk
'--`-(_)'---'--(_)-'  gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 03915096