[MPlayer-dev-eng] YUV support in vo_quartz, status update

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Sat Apr 24 20:22:05 CEST 2004

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004, Romain Dolbeau wrote:

> Romain Dolbeau <dolbeau at irisa.fr> wrote:
> Apparently, on my tibook, QuickTime insist upon converting to a format
> identified as "2VUY", using functions with beautiful names like:
>
> YUV422_UC_To2VUY_W1x

> Of course, I haven't the faintest idea of what could 2VUY could possibly
> be in AppleLanguage, but it doesn't seem any supported decoder can
> generate it :-(

	Is this reference helpful?

	http://developer.apple.com/quicktime/icefloe/dispatch019.html

	It appears to go into great detail about the various Y'CbCr packings
	used by Apple.

> I love MacOSX, but sometimes I really wonder _why_ :-)

	Because it runs on beautiful looking hardware?   The dual G5 tower
	system is very good looking :)

	Cheers,
	Steven Schultz