[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Nut vs. matroska

Peter Niemayer niemayer at isg.de
Thu Apr 22 18:47:50 CEST 2004

Jason Tackaberry wrote:
> I've been somewhat loosely following the discussions about Nut's design
> (they've been hard not to notice, anyway :)) and the question that's
> been lingering on my mind the past while is "Why not Matroska?"
>
> Obviously I'm not interested in starting a flame war.

Obviously, you are :-)

But seriously, if you had read some more messages from the Nut and
Matroska advocates you would have known that there is not the slightest
chance for a rational, constructive, well behaved discussion on
this topic.

The only chance you have is to a) lean back and wait for either format
to decline and/or b) work on tools for either format in case you are in favour
of one of them and want them to survive.

Cheers,

Peter Niemayer