[MPlayer-dev-eng] enrico waigelt

Jason Tackaberry tack at sault.org
Wed Apr 21 22:15:07 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 15:47 +0900, Attila Kinali wrote:
> I just unsubscribed Enrico Weigelt after a lengthy privat
> discussion about the sense of the 4 line limit of a signature
> and the meaning of his spam. He neither listened to my warnings

What about PGP signatures?  They add an extra 15 lines or so to the
message body (which includes mime stuff).  I recently turned on PGP
signing by default, but I can refrain from signing my emails to this
list if it's considered improper.

Conventional wisdom on long signatures is well known, but actually I
admit I don't quite know where PGP signing netiquette stands on mailing
lists.  I could think of several good reasons why PGP signing is a good
thing, especially on a dev list where patches are being contributed, but
if the general consensus is that they are extraneous and unwanted,
that'd be good to know.

Cheers,
Jason.