[MPlayer-dev-eng] fix ASX issue

Roberto Togni r_togni at tiscali.it
Wed Apr 21 22:18:14 CEST 2004

On 2004.04.18 07:26, adland wrote:

> > Since you are interested in asx stuff :) can you have a look at
> this
[...]
> A solution for this is to use mmst:// as the protocol for url above
>
> (however the url in the playlist is set as mms:// which you cant
> change
> on the fly)
>
> mplayer uses different code then for the asf_streaming if mmst://
> protocol
>
> libmpdemux/asf_mmst_streaming.c versus asf_streaming.c when opening
>  a connection to the remote server
>
> playback will start immediately upon cache fill.
>
> from code asf_streaming_start in libmpdemux/asf_streaming.c
>
> // Note:        MMS/HTTP support is now a "well known" support
> protocol,
> //              it has been tested for while, not like MMST support.
> //              WMP sequence is MMSU then MMST and then HTTP.
> //              In MPlayer case since HTTP support is more reliable,
> //              we are doing HTTP first then we try MMST if HTTP
> fail.
>
> should we allow a user to choose
> method to use mmst first instead when url is mms:// protocol
> like when using WMP?
>
> (command line switch?)
Could be an idea. Or even better tyy the methods in different order,
like WMD does (mmst first i think).

> What do others familliar with this code think about this?
>
> (Note also mmsu support seemed commented out)
I have another problematic url for you to check.
If i play it with -playlist it doesn't work. but if i wget the playlist
and play the dowloaded playlist file from disk with mplayer -playlist
it works. The url is

http://cartalk.cars.com/Radio/Show/Audio/200408/wms/CT0408-SHOW.asx

The file does not work, the codec is WMA Voice 9 (0xa) and it's
unsupported yet.

Ciao,
 Roberto